- Prepare human cadres specialized in the field of science and modern knowledge, focusing on applied fields of science (e.g., new and renewable energy) in the Mediterranean and the Red Sea (extending to the Arabian Gulf across Bab al-Mandab).
- Qualify students scientifically and practically to work in various fields awarding B.A. and B.Sc. degrees in these areas.
- Conduct basic and applied research related to the previous areas and grant MA and PhD degrees.
- Serve the environment and community and open gates for training areas to set up different levels of scientific work that can serve the development of the Suez Canal Zone.
- Cooperate with scientific institutions, national bodies and Arab and international universities (especially in the Mediterranean Basin) and establish exchange programs to serve students and professors.