Scientific Consultations and Ecological Monitoring Center:
The Scientific Consultations and Ecological Monitoring Center is established in Suez Faculty of Science as a "special unit" that is technically, financially, and administratively independent as per the University Regulation Act no. 49 for the year 1972 and its executive by law (articles 307- 314).
Aims of the Center:
- Providing community with a distinguished service (e.g., scientific consultations, advanced training and academic courses), and carrying out research to fulfill the demands of the different authorities, companies, and assemblies in the fields of industry, environment, and technology. In addition, the Center also aims at enhancing the efficiency of workers in governmental and domestic organizations within the faculty domain.
- Organizing free and specialized studies in computer and programming as well as biological and chemical studies (e.g., chemistry, modern techniques, and molecular biology).
- Performing chemical, medical chemistry, and biochemistry analyses, in addition to performing molecular biology analyses and measuring the emitting gases and pollutants in soil, water, and air.
- Evaluating the ecological effect of the new projects and setting plans to cope with environmental standards.
- Enabling citizens, workers, students, and teaching stuff to benefit from SU potentials in the fields of sports, society, culture, art, and science.
- Participating in developing projects carried out in the nearby communities through providing scientific consultants and technical experience, in addition to performing the studies called for by companies, public or private authorities.
- Offering authorized certificates for those passing its courses and programs in the fields of computer, biological and chemical sciences.
- Holding seminars and awareness-raising sessions to upgrade the efficiency of teaching staff, students and employees.
- Fostering social solidarity among the teaching staff, employees, and students to enhance effective participation.
The Center’s Sections
- The Unit of Training Courses in different specializations.
- The Unit of Scientific Consultation and Evaluation of Ecological Effect.
- The Unit of Continuing Training and Education.
- The Unit of Micro Analyses.