IT Training Project
The project of training staff members and their assistants and employees to use information systems and technology.
The first courses offered lasted for 5 days from 10-11-2013 to 15-11-2013 to train to use the programs of window 7 word 2010.Training sessions for all University employees will continue in accordance with the main track within the University. Training is provided by trainers accredited by the Central Unit of Information Technology Training in Cairo.
The information technology is one of the basic elements that help universities perform their main functions, namely, research, teaching and learning. In this context, the practical vision of IT projects should reflect the concept that information technology is not an isolated activity monopolized by a single entity. On the contrary, it is rather a collection of tools that facilitate implementing university tasks and attain objectives.
Fulfilling the mission entails items like: the development of IT infrastructure, the consolidation of IT implementation, the increase of technological awareness and reducing the digital divide in higher education institutions. All these elements coincide with the strategy of higher education development in Egypt.
- Training staff members and their assistants and University employees in the field of Information Technology and Communication to maximize the benefit of current and future potentials. Moreover, it aims at upgrading the level of performance in educational, research and administrative areas.
- Creating a broad base of training cadres fostering the concept of training of trainers (TOT).
- Setting up a clear strategy ensuring upgrading the skills of both staff members and employees in IT field , taking into consideration different scholarly majors.
- Providing and developing training program materials related to training programs.
- Establishing question banks, electronic structure, test preparation and providing technical support for subsidiary training centers.
- Preparing for implementing specialized training courses for development projects, and other state bodies and establishments through subsidiary training centers at universities.
- Developing personnel and cadres capable of conducting ICDL tests (or its equivalents) for university students. In addition, these officers will train students wising to apply for ICDL certificate.
- Developing mechanisms that help the Supreme Council of Private Universities to carry out its decision considering ICDL as a graduation requirement.
- Increasing electronic media and distance learning training.